Palo Alto, CA
VenueNext is seeking a Data Scientist with passion and drive for customer success. If you are passionate about digging into large data sets and extracting data-driven insights to address complex business problems through analysis and visualization, join us to become part of this extraordinary team.
This role is not only about writing programs and doing exceptional data analysis, but also about telling the story that data presents, focusing on solutions that help customers improve business metrics like app adoption, fan engagement, revenue opportunities and operational cost efficiencies.
- Extract, analyze, and apply data-mining and machine learning techniques to large structured and unstructured datasets
- Actively Contribute in ETL development and data pipeline developments
- Design and analyze experiments to test new features & products
- Develop new algorithms and models for product improvement
- Build/Code/Analyze Appropriate Data in order to Drive to Actionable and Clear Business Recommendations
- Learn and contribute to Splunk related development
- Work with off-shore team
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience in a data-centric, analytical role working with large amounts of real data
- 1+ year of experience working with distributed computing platforms
- Expertise in at least one statistical software package, preferably R
- Experience with visualization tools such as d3, matplotlib, ggplot
- Experience with ETL & ML tools in R, Python, and Java such as scikit-learn, pandas, matplotlib, statsmodel, ipython, Weka
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience working with AWS services like Kinesis, data pipeline
- Experience with statistical modeling techniques, e.g. logistic regression, classification, clustering
- Ability to translate business objectives into actionable analyses and communicate findings in understandable business language
- Strong team player
- BS/MS in a CS or related discipline with experience in Statistics, Information Retrieval, data processing & visualization
- Experience working with Splunk
- Any type of contribution to open source community
- Experience with reporting tools
Competitive compensation package including salary, equity, medical, dental, vision benefits and 401K.
To apply, please send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.