NEW YORK, NY
VenueNext, Inc. is a very fast-paced, leading-edge environment. Superior customer focus and fast issue resolution skills are a must. This position requires the ability to work independently as well as within groups. Sensitivity to accuracy, timeliness, and professionalism in all areas of support is required.
The NOC engineer will provide direct support as an important part of VenueNext's Enterprise Network Operations Center.
VenueNext applies a modern approach to Network Operations where issues are not reported by phone call. All contact with our customers and partners are through smart realtime chat channels as immediate resolution to all problems is imperative. Problems needing resolution include potential issues with Backend services, Mobile clients, Third-party integration partners or on-site Network. This position will enable the employee to gain experience and promotions within more senior infrastructure roles within the team.
• Act as a primary interface to business users for all IT support issues
• Record and triage incoming client requests and system monitoring alert notifications
• Perform access management activities and conduct patch/remediation efforts
• Troubleshoot and resolve software, hardware, security and network issues via defined runbooks, escalate unresolved issues to senior engineers in a timely manner
• Execute periodic performance customer contact reports
• Extend personal capabilities through training, reading and technical project work
• Experience with Linux server configuration, administration and monitoring
• Exposure to AWS preferred but not required
• Basic knowledge of infrastructure and operations cloud-based services (newrelic, datadog, loggly, PagerDuty, Slack)
• Capable of isolating root cause for issues based on known data flows and service integrations relevant to the reported issue
• Professional verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Experience supporting large enterprise IT environments
• Detail-oriented in following procedures and documenting steps taken to resolve issues
• Capable of offering recommendations to procedural changes and can defend those recommendations in a logical manner
• Self-motivated in acquiring knowledge and skills intended to enhance the candidate’s effectiveness in carrying out their job responsibilities
• Amenable to working all hours as needed to provide service coverage (NOC operations intended to provide 24/7 support)
2-5 YEARS EXPERIENCE
• Linux server administration
• Support and communications troubleshooting
• Monitoring alert management
• Customer issue resolution and support
Technical education or equivalent work experience
Competitive compensation package including salary, equity, medical, dental, vision benefits and 401K.
To apply, please send your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org