As part of the Product Management team, will “own” the product, serving as the “voice of the customer” and will be driving and writing the business requirements, specifications, prioritization, and development of product enhancements and product initiatives. You will actively participate in the collaborative effort of developing product strategy, competitive analysis, user feedback, market analysis, and some outbound marketing, e.g. sales readiness, product positioning, thought leadership and more.
The successful Product Manager will:
- Establish herself as the internal and external ‘owner’ of a product, service, component, target market, or major program, including development of the business plan.
- Define the product vision, definition and roadmap by the creation and maintenance of a market-driven product roadmap in alignment with VenueNext strategy, and translate product feedback into feature and requirements specifications. Maintain an intimate understanding of product suite, customer workflow, and common configurations used by customers.
- Identify, articulate and prioritize new product features and benefits via interactions with users and internal SMEs. Understand the market space, competitive landscape, and industry trends when determining new feature sets, and initiate/run a set of customer engagement, usability feedback, customer meetings, and industry events focused on the product.
- Work as Product Owner on an agile development team. Collaborate with Engineering and QA on software and test design, user and functional requirements, review and provide feedback for engineering and QA deliverables, prioritize defects and determine how to address them, and complete detailed requirements and other Product Management-owned documentation.
- Ensure high quality requirements are created and addressed through the development process and periodically present business/product plan status to Executive Management and other business stakeholders.
- Successfully lead a cross-functional team to successfully execute the business and product plan and deliver the supporting functional plans through offering's lifecycle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the development and implementation of VenueNext’s strategic direction with a focus on the product offering; Help to define product strategy and the product roadmap based on market trends, market opportunity, customer needs, competitive analysis, and input from sales, marketing, and analysts.
- Ownership of product releases including the tracking and measurement of P&L, drafting release package materials, management of supporting launch package and documentation material completion, management of team sign-off, general availability and first customer ship.
- Establish strong working relationship with customers (current and prospective) to define new product needs and wants. Obtain feedback from customers through product planning and product review processes and communicate information to product development. Suggest changes to strategy as needed.
- Work with marketing to manage delivery of all aspects of the product launch process and go-to-market strategy, including Product Marketing, Solutions Architects, and Sales to create product marketing collateral and product sales tools, such as product positioning, product presentations, sales proposal templates, competitive sales tools and white papers. Perform outbound communications to both customers and internal staff.
- Actively participate in all phases and activities of VenueNext’s development including: writing market driven business requirements, functional specs, testing; and participating in the decision making process for determining product and feature release schedules. Review of design documents and oversee beta testing as needed to insure successful solution acceptance and launch.
- Participate in sales efforts from a support perspective including but not limited to writing and reviewing RFI/RFP/RFQ content and positioning.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of product management or equivalent positions, preferably at a technology, software or IT consulting company.
- Experience in mobile apps, business to consumer, IoT, entertainment, hospitality, and similar industries a plus.
- BA in Computer Science or similar field. MBA and/or advanced degree preferred.
- Experience analyzing customer needs and writing detailed requirements documents.
- Experience interfacing directly with customers and a sales organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Self-starter with excellent organization and time management skills.
- Strong Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, in a cross-functional environment
- Result Oriented, biased to action.
- Strong ability to lead by example and manage large complicated projects with individuals who are not direct reports.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, internally and externally, especially with customers and sales-force.
- Strong presentation, analytical, and logical skills both verbal and written.
- Comfortable with at speaking before large audiences (20+ people).
Competitive compensation package including salary, equity, medical, dental, vision benefits and 401K.
To apply, please send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com