Palo Alto, CA
As a Reports Development Engineer, on the Data Products & Customer Enablement team you would be tasked with the important job of surfacing actionable insights from a large amount of customer data from a wide variety of input sources. The goal is to uncover more business efficiencies and new revenue opportunities for our customers. The Reports Development Engineer will be an important member of the VenueNext team, partnering with customers to help engage in ongoing dialogue about improving their business operations, and inspiring them to put the insights into action.
- Recognize patterns and creatively surface insights from data using beautiful visualization and actionable reports
- Interface with customers, to gain true understanding of their requirements
- Develop data pipeline for needed data sets
- Develop, Design and support interactive Tableau Dashboard reports, both independently and collaboratively with the team
- Recommend dashboard options per Tableau visualization features
- Deliver reports in a timely manner
- Create data visualizations using Tableau and open source libraries.
- Drew upon full range of Tableau platform technologies to design and implement proof of concept solutions and create advanced BI visualizations
- Actively participate in development using Splunk
- Develop interactive dashboards using custom web fronts and incorporate visualization libraries like D3.JS, Google Charts etc.
- Contribute to data product pipeline development and show a strong ability to work independently and produce data sets for reporting needs
- Work with off-shore team
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in a data-centric, analytical role working with large amounts of real data
- Excellent background in large scale data warehouse implementation
- Expertise in working with Tableau administration and developing visually stunning dashboards
- Proficiency in SQL/relationship databases
- Experience working with AWS services like Kinesis, data pipeline
- Experience working with Python or other programming languages and open source charting, graphing libraries to produce custom visualization
- Ability to quickly learn and adopt to new technologies
- Strong team player, client relationship and interpersonal skills
- BS/MS in a CS or related discipline
- Creative thinker with strong analytical ability
- Experience working with Splunk
- Exposure to statistical tool like R and other open source libraries
- Experience with Hadoop/Hive
- Any type of contribution to open source community
- Experience with reporting tools addition to Tableau
Competitive compensation package including salary, equity, medical, dental, vision benefits and 401K.
To apply, please send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.