We’ve called the app “the remote control” to your Orlando Magic Amway Center experience” and we consider the partnership with VenueNext to be a groundbreaking milestone in the history of our team and the arena. In the past, fans had to download multiple apps to access third-party services at a game, now with our new Orlando Magic app everything is in one place on your smartphone including tickets, food and beverage ordering, merchandise and more.
We are redefining the season ticket to make it accessible to all fans. With the new Fast Break Pass, we can give fans that can’t afford to purchase full season tickets the option of a much lower price point to come to a handful of games. And for season ticket holders that can’t make it to every game, they can now turn their tickets in for credit up until the game time or offer them on a secondary marketplace. If they turn them in for Magic Money, they can use their credits to purchase food, beverages, merchandise or other fun activities like a “meet and greet” with the team.
And our fans have loved it. Check out some of the usage stats below:
- More than 80% of season ticket holders have accessed and used the app to manage tickets, enter the arena, order food/beverage/merchandise and/or purchase a seat upgrade/experience through the Magic Marketplace.
- Mobile entry rates have increased more than 200% over last season and mobile entry has climbed to 26% of all entry during home games
- 75% of purchases through the app have used Magic Money, the loyalty points gained in exchange for upgrades and food and beverages and a catalog of different experiences and items in this Magic Marketplace, as a payment method, showing the strength/value of the mobile loyalty currency
- Fast Break Pass sales are up 233% from last season, in part, because the app has given the Magic the ability to expand to six different Fast Break Pass products that span the entire course of a season, providing a unique product for an untapped market. The app also includes added location identifiers so Fast Break Pass holders can receive their seat assignments now once they are within a mile of the arena (previously it wasn’t assigned until they entered the building).
- Average unique monthly users this season is up almost 96% compared to last season
- Total app adoption: 30% (5% is the industry standard)
- Median in-seat delivery time: 5 minutes and 26 seconds
- The Amway Center secured about a half a million dollars in-app sponsorship placement with FanDuel and Sun Pass.